At The Snowboard Asylum we're passionate about everything to do with snowboarding, and that includes maintenance and tuning. We're very proud of our workshops and the technicians who work in them, but that doesn't mean we rest on our laurels. We’re constantly running training courses and investing in new equipment, upgrading techniques and introducing new ideas.
We provide a wide choice of services, all carried out with skill and care, ranging from a hand-crafted hot wax to the ultimate ‘Premium Ten Step Service’.
All you need to do is take your snowboard into any branch of The Snowboard Asylum, where the friendly technicians will inspect them and advise you on the particular level of service necessary.
PREMIUM TEN STEP SERVICE £40.00
What happens to your snowboard in the premiere 10-step workshop service?
- Full inspection by our certified technicians.
- Base clean to cleanse the pores of your base.
- Belt grind to exfoliate dirt and correct minor base damage.
- Industrial filled gouges to cover up those thin snow sins.
- Fine belt grind to achieve that satin finish.
- Stone grind to add direction, structure and further improve gliding qualities.
- Sharpen and bevel edges to our tried and tested angles (personalised angles also available, please speak to the technicians).
- De-tune edges under your exact specifications, to provide the smoothness of ride you want.
- Hand crafted hot wax for the ultimate penetration, protection & finish.
- Check, polish and pack to ensure your snowboard remain in pristine condition for your next blast down the hill.
STANDARD SERVICE £35.00
By popular demand, this service provides the same care and attention as the Premium but with a finishing belt in place of a stone-ground one.
SNOWBOARD WAX/EDGE £20.00
The TSA Workshop will use their unique power edger to bevel and sharpen your edges, and their hot wax system (always done by hand) to give your snowboard a long lasting performance wax job. Speak to our technicians about any special requests regarding edge angles, temperature specific waxes or even the super fast gliding Felix process!
THE MIX AND MATCH
If you are keen on trying one of the steps yourself, we can do the others for you. By mixing & matching exactly what you want, we can provide the expert touch to all your home servicing activities.
Base patches, edge dings, de-lams... You name it, we can fix it. Bring in your snowboard so our advanced technicians can see the damage first-hand, and give you an accurate quote and timescale on the repair.
Ellis Brigham have workshops throughout the country, with 4 centres of excellence, located at Milton Keynes, Castleford, Braehead and a brand new central workshop in Manchester.
Each workshop is kitted out with state of the art machinery to deal with any servicing job for your snowboard. From beautiful hand wax finishes to perfectly structured stone ground bases.
Please call your local Ellis Brigham/The Snowboard Asylum store to speak to a technician about the your servicing requirements.
Click here for all tools & servicing products
Below is a few handy video tips to servicing your own snowboards.
TSA - How 2: Snowboard Servicing pt 1 from The Snowboard Asylum on Vimeo.
TSA - How 2: Snowboard Servicing pt 2 from The Snowboard Asylum on Vimeo.