The sleek design of the Jackson uses Giro’s Passive Aggressive Venting System providing optimum airflow and temperature regulation. In-mould construction keeps the weight down and MIPS reduces the effects of rotational forces from an oblique blow. Giro’s In Form 2 Fit system allows for fine-tuning at the twist of a dial.
MIPS can provide more protection in certain impacts. The main components of a MIPS equipped helmet are 1. The Interior Foam Liner, 2. the Low Friction Liner and 3. an elastomeric attachment system. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head.
Giro’s Passive Aggressive venting system is a discrete exterior vent design and interior channelling (including the liner and padding) that combine to create optimal airflow and temperature regulation. This auto-venting technology manages airflow and temperature-motion riding, hiking or standing static.
Stack Venting was developed based on research showing the majority of the warm air that can cause fogging exhausts from the centre top vent of the goggle. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the vent of your goggles helps to keep them clear and fog-free.
The In Form 2 System is lighter and lower profile than the original, making it even easier to dial in a custom fit in seconds—even with gloves on. The updated On-the-fly Vertical Tuning feature accommodates different goggles and head shapes for a custom fit free of gaper gap.
In-Mould Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making In-mould helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Polartec Power Grid liner features a patented grid design structure that reduces fabric weight while increasing warmth and compressibility. This grid construction enhances both wicking efficiency and breathability by generating channels of targeted touchpoints that absorb and diffuse moisture vapour for faster evaporation.
- Goggle retainers and ear pads can both be removed.
- Ear pads are compatible with Outdoor Tech aftermarket headphones.
- Venting: Passive
- Sizing system: Adjustable
- Weight: 435g
- Construction: In-Mould
- Safety standard: EN 1077 Class B