GUIDE TO E-SCOOTERS
Electric scooters are changing the game. Low cost, convenient and environmentally friendly personal transport. What's not to love? Before you delve into the world of e-scooters, there are few key things to keep an eye out for when making your first purchase. This short guide should help point you in the right direction. For more information check out our full and in-depth guide to electric scooters.
- Wheels - With bigger wheels, you will get a smoother ride and have much less chance of ditching it in potholes.
- Tyres - You will see two main options when it comes to tyres: air-filled or solid. Air-filled typically offer a smoother ride, whereas solid offer puncture protection.
- Power - We stock scooters with motors ranging from 250w up to 500w. A smaller motor means a lighter scooter and easier transportation, whereas the bigger motors offer more speed, hill-climbing ability and higher weight limits.
- Battery - As with all electronic devices, the battery makes a big difference. The bigger the battery is the heavier the scooter will be, but with the weight increase you get an increase in range.
- Brakes - Given the speed you can quickly pick up, stopping power is important. There are a range of brakes on offer from foot brakes (think traditional standing on the rear mudguard), disc brakes and drum brakes (offering the most power but will wear out eventually and require servicing) and also electric brakes (low maintenance but typically don't offer the same power as discs).
- Extra Features - Some scooters come with cruise control, great for giving your wrist a brake on longer rides. Plenty also offer accompanying smartphone apps that allow customisation, control and access to stats on your scooter. There are a range of safety features on offer as well, with the big ones to look out for being headlights and bells.
It is currently illegal to use an electric scooter on a pavement, public road, cycle lane or bridleway. Electric scooters can only be used on private land with permission from the landowner. Learn More
Inmotion are an innovative and creative brand, looking to revolutionise personal transport.
They are constantly developing their technology to create the ultimate electric scooter, packed full of top features and practicality.
Whether it's fantastic range, dual suspension or an accompanying smart app to enable full customisation of your scooter, Inmotion are pushing to change the game for electric scooters.
Born out of frustration at missed meetings, packed out public transport and overpriced parking, Unagi electric scooters make journeys to friends, work and just about anything else - easier, cheaper and way more fun.
Unagi are on a mission to free people from the modern frustration with transport - cost, inconvenience and carbon emissions - and with their premium e-scooter, it's safe to say that they are well on their way.
Sleek and elegant design meets function and performance for the ultimate in electric scooters.
Xiaomi are one of the most established electric scooter brands, and produce some of the worlds most popular electric scooters. So it goes without saying that if you choose Xiaomi you'll be investing in an excellent scooter
You can expect top levels of durability, performance and reliability giving assurance to your ride. Minimalist design meets high-grade features and functionality.
The Xiaomi Mi Pro 2 Electric scooter is the latest offering, building on the award-winning Xiaomi M365.